Women Get It Done is creating safe spaces for people to connect through community building and leadership trainings. We’re helping shape an intersectional feminist movement to fight for gender equity, racial justice and equal rights for all.
Why We’re Here
WGID is building a network of women helping women and a broader community of people, who will join together to fight for equal rights and to support one another. We organize by creating safe spaces for women, people of color, immigrants, members of LGBT+ communities, gender nonconforming members of our community, people with disabilities and those who struggle with poverty. Our goal is to empower them to claim space and to connect in meaningful, long-lasting ways.
To help build an intersectional feminist movement by:
- Equipping local leaders with the tools needed to organize and empower women in their community
- Organizing through monthly salon meetings in cities around the country
- Building partnerships with local and national social justice organizations and women’s groups
- Creating a powerful network of women helping women
- Activating that network for political action
- Raising the cultural consciousness of intersectional feminism, gender equity and racial and economic justice through online and in-person Leader Labs
- Expanding our network from 5,000 to 10,000 members by 2018
How You Can Help
- Make a recurring donation of $25, $50 or $100 to support our work: bit.ly/donate-wgid
- Sign up and join us: bit.ly/join-wgid
- Know someone who wants to start a Chapter? Email Kate Maeder, WGID President, at firstname.lastname@example.org